Are you ambitious? Do you want to represent international students at Sheffield Hallam University now and in the future? If so, these exclusive and competitive scholarships are aimed at you. Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) is a university in South Yorkshire, England, based on two sites in Sheffield. City Campus is located in the city Centre, close to Sheffield railway station, and Collegiate Crescent Campus is about two miles away, adjacent to Ecclesall Road in south-west Sheffield. The university is the third largest in the UK, with more than 37,000 students (of whom over 4,000 are international students), 4,170 staff and 747 courses.
SHU is divided into four faculties:
- Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences (ACES): Art & Design, Business Systems & IT, Communication & Media, Computers & Computing, Engineering & Technology, Mathematics & Statistics,and Multimedia & the Internet.
- Faculty of Development and Society (D&S): Architecture & Planning, Built Environment, Education, English, Geography & Environmental Science, Humanities, Law & Community Justice, Social Sciences, Performing Arts.
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing (HWB): Biosciences; Diagnostic Radiography; Nursing & Midwifery; Occupational Therapy; Operating Department Practitioners; Paramedic Studies; Physiotherapy; Radiotherapy & Oncology; Social Work; and Sport.
- Sheffield Business School (SBS): Business & Management, Facilities Management, Finance, Food & Nutrition, Language & Culture, and Tourism, Hospitality & Events Management
SHU offer to Nigerian students
- A generous package of scholarships and bursaries.
- Pre-arrival support and advice with a free airport pick-up service and a dedicated international student meet and greet team on arrival
- A range of accommodation choices, including a guarantee to help you find accommodation for your first year
- Ongoing free English language classes which help you communicate better with students and staff to maximize the benefits of your time studying in the UK.
- Organised social events, activities and trips which are designed to help you meet UK and other international students and build life-long friendships
- Industry-focused courses, many of which are accredited by professional bodies- several of which lead to professional qualifications or include the costs of sitting for professional exams
- A University-wide focus on getting ahead in your career with regular careers fairs, field trips, company visits and talks from industry experts
- One-to-one careers advice and interview help, including access to our careers centre for up to three years after you graduate
- Access to an alumni network which can put you in touch with thousands of Sheffield Hallam graduates across the world.
2014/15 academic year SCHOLARSHIPS
If you are a high achiever or believe you can make a significant contribution to our University, we encourage your application. The scholarships include a one-year full tuition fee waiver for full-time taught postgraduate courses and 50% tuition fee discount for each year of an undergraduate course (subject to successful progression). Following a competitive process the scholarships will be awarded to well-qualified students who demonstrate academic, personal or professional achievement on their scholarship application form. Successful applicants will be awarded with a certificate to mark their achievement following enrolment on their course.
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must:
- Postgraduate only - have achieved a minimum 2.1 or equivalent in your honours degree and must meet the minimum course entry requirements. Please attach transcripts to scholarship applications.
- Undergraduate only - you must achieve or exceed the entry criteria for the course.
- have an unconditional/conditional offer to study a full-time postgraduate course at Sheffield Hallam University.
- be enrolling on a one year full-time taught postgraduate course with Sheffield Hallam starting in the 2014/15 academic year - Apply through SAS
- be self-funding your studies
- have, or expect to achieve, a minimum of IELTS 6.0 (5.5 in all areas) or equivalent*
- be classed as an international student for fees purposes
- be able to pay any additional fees your course may require, for example field trips
The panel will be held after the closing date and applicants will be notified approximately one month after this date using the contact details on the course application.
* Please note that IELTS 6.0 (5.5 in all areas) or equivalent is the minimum English language requirement to be eligible for the scholarship and that the English language requirement for entry onto some of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses may be higher.
Scholarship applications for taught courses starting in September 2014 applications must be submitted by 31 May 2014.
Scholarship applications for taught courses starting in January 2015 must be submitted by 01 November 2014.
Please contact Study Abroad Services here for more details.
£3,000 discount for Nigerian students
SHU is celebrating the opening of a new Nigeria office by offering a £3,000 automatic fee discount to all Nigerian domiciled students when they apply to any of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses starting in the academic year 2014-15. Apply here to benefit from the scholarship
All automatic discounts are applied at point of application and confirmed in the offer letter you receive from the University. Contact Study Abroad Services (SAS) for more details
Terms and conditions
- You must be permanently domiciled in Nigeria.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees.
- You must not have previously studied at Sheffield Hallam. If you have, you could be eligible for a 10% alumni discount.
- You will only receive the discount for your first year of study.
- This offer is applicable to all undergraduate and postgraduate taught full-time programmes
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both a discount and a scholarship but you will only be eligible to receive one of these offers. You would be able to accept the highest discount or scholarship that you are offered.
- You must meet the entry requirements in your offer letter before you can enrol.
- If you are eligible for the discount, you are still required to pay any relevant deposits and 50% of the remainder of the discounted fee before or at enrolment.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.